Today we are going to discuss the reopening of Assam schools where the schools have regulated regular classes from Monday. Midst of the COVID outbreak in the whole world, every institution, businesses were shut down. However, while considering schools, the government decided to shut schools even in Delhi. Eventually, the Assam government has decided to reopen schools in midst of the break starting from Monday. After almost seven months of lockdown, the government has decided to reopen business and specifically schools to bring things back to normal.
The BJP governed state decided to reopen educational institutions like colleges, schools, and other coaching centres in the state. The government also instructed the educational governing bodies to ensure a list of safety measures that have to be followed y every other student and worker. Schools in Assam are likely to open from Class 6th onwards. The immediate period of lockdown has somewhat challenged the core strength of people in its most brutal form. Every other day, a number of cases are registered while some of them end in the death of the patients. The coronavirus is spreading at a larger scale, globally infecting population at large. As per the study, children and older people are more susceptible to this infection, thus, the Assam government seems to take this risk.
Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal, as clearly asked the government educational bodies to go through the list of list measures for proper execution. As time is sensitive and can turn the table causing a negative impact Sonowal remains concerned deep down. However, attending schools is not compulsory; the students who get consent from their parents can sit in the classrooms while covering their masks. As far as undergraduate colleges are concerned, the students will be taking classes in two different batches-mornings and evenings.
Details about the Reopening:-
- Despite the outbreak, Sonowal has directed the teachers to start their classes on time so that a proper amount of break can be given to the teachers and students.
- However, the school students will be attending the schools at two different timings-8:30 AM to 12:30 PM (Morning) and 1:30 PM to 4:30 PM (Evening).
- As people are terrified due to the deadly virus, studying in classrooms will be voluntary and the interesting parents are required to submit a written consent for the continuation of the process.
- To discourage the spread of the virus, the classes will be scheduled on an odd-even basis. Standards 6th, 7th, 9th and 12th will be attending the classes on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. While 8th, 10th, and 11th will be taking classes on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
- Similarly, for undergraduate colleges, the classes will be held twice a week (Monday and Thursday) for the first semester students. However the third-year students will be attending the college thrice a week (Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday) thus, the fifth year students will be attending the classes Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday every week.
However, Assam’s government has taken an impressive decision to bring things back to normal. Most likely, the other state governments will be thinking upon school reopening soon.