Amanda Redman is a British actress who has gained popularity through her roles as Dr. Lydia Fonseca in The Good Karma Hospital (2017–present) and Detective Superintendent Sandra Pullman in the BBC One series New Tricks (2003–2013), Amanda Jacqueline Redman, MBE, was born in Britain on August 12, 1957. She received BAFTA TV Award nominations for Tommy Cooper: Not Like That, Like This, and At Home with the Braithwaites (2000–2003).
Amanda received her acting training at the Bristol Old Vic Theatre School. In 1984, Pericles, Prince of Tyre, gave her her big break. She was also cast in the Oxbridge Blues television miniseries. Philip Glenister, her past brother-in-law who played DCI Gene Hunt in both Lives on Mars and Ashes to Ashes, is also said to have been inspired by Redman to enroll in theatre school and pursue acting. Recently, she was in the news for revealing that she is still in tragic shock after the death of her New tricks Co-star Dennis Waterman death.
She is married to her charming husband, Damian Schnabel, a former cell phone inventor. The pair were married in front of 200 family members at Maunsel House in Taunton, Somerset, in September 2010, and they’ve been together ever since. In 1984, Amanda had already established a relationship with actor Robert Glenister, with whom she had a daughter, Emily. However, the couple parted ways in 1992.
Also, Read:- Brooklyn Beckham’s Net Worth
Awards and Achievements
Amanda Redman has been nominated for a lot of Awards, a few of them are Best Actress for ‘At home with the Braithwaites’ in BAFTA TV Award 2001, Most Popular Actress for At Home with the Braithwaites in National Television Award 2003, Best Actress for New Tricks in TV Quick Award 2007, etc. She has also won 2 awards, Best Actress for Sexy Beast at the Chlotrudis Awards and Best Actress for the trials of Jimmy Rose at the New York festivals International TV and Film Awards.
Top 8 Facts You Didn’t Know About Amanda Redman
- She got into an accident as a toddler and spilled hot boiling soup on herself, severely scarring her left arm. A pan of scalding hot turkey and vegetable soup, which burned 75% of her body scorched her. Only one portion of her body, her arm, was permanently damaged.
- The boiling soup incident trauma was so severe that the Queen Victoria Hospital in Sussex declared her clinically dead.
- In The Children’s Party at the Palace for the Queen’s 80th birthday in June 2006, she played Cruella DeVil.
- She has established the Artists Theatre School for kids between the ages of 5 and 18 in Ealing, West London, England.
- She became a Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE) in June 2012’s Queen’s Birthday Honors for her contributions to theatre and charity.
- Amanda Redman sees Glenda Jackson as her role model.
- Amanda met Damian Schnabel, her second husband when she was on the rebound. On this, Amanda said, “Sandy, a common acquaintance, introduced us when she came to see me; at the time, I was miserable due to a recent breakup.”
- She like Come to Dine With Me a lot- Amanda describes it “mostly because it keeps me going while I’m using the rowing machine at the gym. I adore it, but Damian despises it because “those nasty people are being so harsh about people’s meals!
The approximate value of Amanda Redman’s net worth as of 2022 is $5 million. She also receives a salary of $400,000 annually as her acting job is her main source of income. We think she will raise her salary and net worth in the future because she is so devoted and diligent.
Leave a Reply